Antenna Tuner controlled by quisk

pu2clr
First of all, let me introduce to the group

My name is Ricardo, PU2CLR.
I got my license in April, 2012.
I am a novice in SDR.  A few months ago, I assembled two SDR kits (Softrock and Peaberry) and I have worked with them in my free time.

In recent months I have designed an antenna tuner for magnetic loop (I posted a video about this project on Youtube: Automatic Antenna Tuner for QRP controlled by Android and Arduino - http://youtu.be/cZjbZRGTyVc).

I would like to control my antenna tuner from quisk.  I saw that N2ADR, James,  the quisk author,  worked in a personal project to do that. There is a folder n2adr among quisk directory structure with some Python code to do that.

Well, it is not so clear for me how the n2adr’s codes is linked to main program.

I have never worked with Python, but I guess it will not be a problem.

73, PU2CLR.
Ricardo.
PU2CLR
Ricardo

Re: Antenna Tuner controlled by quisk

To control your tuner you must have some means of computer control; for example, by a serial port.  Then you control your tuner by sending commands to the serial port in response to changes in the band, the frequency etc.  These changes result in calls to ChangeBand() etc. in your hardware file.

Re: Antenna Tuner controlled by quisk

pu2clr
Yes Jim, I have done it.
I implement my antenna tuner able to process rxtx commands via serial port.
In my case, the antenna tuner has a bluetooth transceiver that allows control it remotely.
I already do that via an Android Device. It works very well.
Thanks for the ChangeBand() information. I understood I must to overwrite the ChangeBand() method with my own code to control my antenna tuner.

Thanks again for the attention.
73.
PU2CLR
Ricardo