Bscope not working with the red pitaya ?

Bscope not working with the red pitaya ?

on7yi
Hello,

I am using QUISK 4.1.12 with the HPSDR compatible transceiver of Pavel Demin (latest release).
Everything works fine except when I select the  "screen" Bscope.

QUISK receiving OK on the whole baseband (0 to 60 Mhz) of the red-pitaya, but for some reasons QUISK does not display any Waterfall neither any Signal. The S meter remains stuck as well.

Did I miss something ? Is it a known problem ?Screenshot_from_2018-02-10_16-04-51.png
I would welcome any feeback on the matter.

Thanks
Regards
Peter /ON7YI

Re: Bscope not working with the red pitaya ?

shaynal
Hi,

I think the bandscope function has only been tested with the Hermes-Lite. It works well. Below is a picture with antenna tuner tuned for 17M.

There are additions to the basic openHPSDR protocol 1 which must be supported by the Red Pitaya for this to work. The Red Pitaya may not support them yet. Does the PowerSDR bandscope work with Red Pitaya?

73,

Steve
KF7O

Re: Bscope not working with the red pitaya ?

on7yi
Dear Steve,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my late feedback. I just had missed your email :-(
No suite used to this forum yet.

I have opened a ticket on Github  hpsdr compatible server page of  Pavel Demin who then confirmed   that  his server software does not unfortunately support this functionality. I have not tried it on PowerSDR but based  on  his answer,  it should not work either. It is a bit sad because I use QUiISK  for  many rf measurements and not just as an SDR transceiver abs it would have been really useful to benefit from this Bscope function.

Regards
Peter

Le lun. 12 févr. 2018 à 01:55, shaynal [via quisk] <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

I think the bandscope function has only been tested with the Hermes-Lite. It works well. Below is a picture with antenna tuner tuned for 17M.

There are additions to the basic openHPSDR protocol 1 which must be supported by the Red Pitaya for this to work. The Red Pitaya may not support them yet. Does the PowerSDR bandscope work with Red Pitaya?

73,

Steve
KF7O

http://quisk.973856.n3.nabble.com/Bscope-not-working-with-the-red-pitaya-tp4024313p4024314.html
To unsubscribe from Bscope not working with the red pitaya ?, click here.
NAML

Re: Bscope not working with the red pitaya ?

If Pavel adds bandscope functionality, it may still be necessary to modify Quisk to use it.  The bandscope samples are sent in blocks of 512 samples.  Hermes-Lite uses 4 blocks per frame, but Angelia and Odyssey-2 use 32 blocks per frame.  Pavel may choose to use some other number depending on how much spare memory he has.  The number of blocks per frame should be a power of 2.  I need to know the number of blocks per frame and the Hermes board ID, and then I can modify Quisk to work with Red Pitaya bandscope data.