Errors preventing Quisk from running

Al

Errors preventing Quisk from running

Al
Hi,

I originally installed quisk from the Ubuntu repository.  That was removed, and the latest .tar.gz file was downloaded and installed. Some dependencies had to be satisfied, but eventually running 'make' seemed to be successful. Attempting to run the program via 'python quisk.py' gave the following output:

----------BEGIN OUTPUT-----------------

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "quisk.py", line 4132, in <module>
    main()
  File "quisk.py", line 4128, in main
    App()
  File "quisk.py", line 2389, in __init__
    wx.App.__init__(self, redirect=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 7981, in __init__
    self._BootstrapApp()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 7555, in _BootstrapApp
    return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
  File "quisk.py", line 2749, in OnInit
    self.config_text = Hardware.open()
  File "/home/al/.quisk_conf.py", line 71, in open
    self.application.bottom_widgets.info_text.SetLabel(text)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'info_text'

-----------END OUTPUT--------------

At this point, I am lost. I don't know what this means, or how to decipher it to get the program running. Any help would be appreciated.
Take care,
Al

Re: Errors preventing Quisk from running

Hello,

This is a problem with your config file or hardware file.  Please send these files.

Al

Re: Errors preventing Quisk from running

Al
Hi Jim,

Do you want me to post them in the forum or send them via the "Email this post to. . ." function?
It may be a few days before I can get to it.

Thanks for your help.

Take care,
Al

Al

Re: Errors preventing Quisk from running

Al
After further studying the documentation, the problem has been fixed.
Thanks to Jim for his offer of help.
Take care,
Al

Re: Errors preventing Quisk from running

F6BZG
Hi Al,

I'm trying to run Quisk with a Raspberry Pi 2 and a softrock clone.

I won a battle, but the war is not finished ...

Occasionally, i get those errors.

Please, can you tell us what are the fixes and how did you find them.

Best regards and 73

Arnaud
Al

Re: Errors preventing Quisk from running

Al
Hi Arnaud,

I apologize for not responding sooner.

I am using an Avala-01.  All I did was copy the conf_rx_tx_ensemble.py file from the softrock folder and place it in my home folder as the quisk_conf.py file.  Quisk seems to work now. I still need to get the sound working for digital mode programs fldigi, wsjt-x, etc.

73,

Al

Re: Errors preventing Quisk from running

F6BZG
Hi Al,
Don't worry about your delay : i was away from my home t'il today....
Thank you for your answer.
Hope you will have fun with Quisk, as i do.

73

Arnaud