How to startup Quisk automatically

Takajin
Hi All

I succeeded to run SDR Transceiver : Raspberry Pi 2(Linux/Jessie)/Soft rock
(Ensemble RXTX) with quisk(4.1.1).

Startup quisk.py is as follows..
 1. Start RPi by power on
 2. RPi GUI appears initially
 3. Open “LXTerminal”
 4. Run quisk on LXTerminal
   python quisk.py

I’d like to startup automatically for above sequence.
I tried as follows…
 -change to CUI mode by the command
  systemctl set-default multi-user.target
 -“autologin”  symbolic link
   ln –fs /etc/system/system/autologin@.service  /etc/system/system/getty.target.
         wants/getty@tty1.service
 -modify /etc/rc.local
    #!/bin/sh –e
    ……
    ……
   #add to start “quisk” automatically
   sudo python /xxx/quisk.py &
   exit 0

  (here “/xxx” is the directory which “quisk.py” exists)

result: cause error
message is “unable to access the x display, is $DISPLAY set properly?”
Please let me know how to solve the problem.

73
Takajin

Re: How to startup Quisk automatically

kc7noa
Do you have a display on the Pi ? (to use auto start GUI controls)

and/or Try making a script to run quisk -- and use that with the autostart

you dont need sudo

/XXX/python quisk.py

What OS do you have on the Pi ?

Re: How to startup Quisk automatically

Takajin
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have a display and OS is raspbian "jessie".
I'd like to try "auto start under GUI", will report later.

many thanks. 73

Re: How to startup Quisk automatically

Takajin
I solved the problem by using GUI mode.
to edit the file "autostart"....
   /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart
to add
  @sudo python /home/pi/quisk/quisk.py

I confirmed to run automatically !

Thanks for  kc7noa