If I close QUISK window I must reboot before I can re-start QUISK

If I close QUISK window I must reboot before I can re-start QUISK

OH1FSS
I'm using QUISK 3.5.1 with SoftRock Ensemble RXTX on Fedora 14 with the latest updates. It works fine, thank you very much for this wonderful software!

There is one small problem though: If I close the QUISK window by clicking the X on the upper right-hand corner (is there any other way to exit QUISK?), I must reboot before I can use QUISK again.

If I re-start QUISK without rebooting, the window opens, but the waterfall does not show anything, and the window is not responsive. The window is not updated if I open and close another window (such as a terminal window) on top of the QUISK window. Killing the unresponsive process and restarting yields the same situation again. Un-plugging and re-plugging SoftRock USB cable does not help.

Re: If I close QUISK window I must reboot before I can re-start QUISK

OH1FSS
Seems to work today... I have now closed the Quisk window several times and I have been able to restart quisk every time! Good!

Re: If I close QUISK window I must reboot before I can re-start QUISK

Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU
Administrator

I suspect the problem is with the sound system.
One thing you might do is bring up the sound configuration and tell Pulse to ignore your quisk sound card.  In Ubuntu they call it "sound profile" and you select "off."

Leigh/WA5ZNU

Re: If I close QUISK window I must reboot before I can re-start QUISK

I also have a SoftRock Ensemble Rx/Tx and this does not happen to me.  It must have something to do with your sound cards.  I am using an M-Audio Audiophile for Tx and Rx, and a USB card for radio sound.

Jim Ahlstrom
N2ADR