Keying the QUISK

OH1SDR
Hi all!

First of all, first post here, so a short introduction. My name is Janne and call sign OH1SDR.
Been building SDR stuff for quite some time, but this is the first QUISK based TRX I'm building,
hence the minor problems getting it up an running :)

To the issue. I'm having some trouble understanding the keying of the software itself.
I have the hardware description file and OnButtonPTT -function added there. When pressing
the button in QUISK, it actually keys my TX and I also change sound card routing in the same script,
works like a charm!

But, the QUISK itself didn't seem to key up. Then, I found the set_key_down -function which I also added
to the hardware description file. After this, QUISK itself look like it would actually react to the PTT and the
waterfall seized when pressing PTT (on QUISK). BUT, after going through the sound card configs like million
times, still don't have the IQ output to the sound card on any mode (would imagine that there is a IQ carrier on
FM, for example).

With french lines:

- The issue is that no IQ is send to the sound card
- RX is working nicely
- Not sure if I'm keying the QUISK correctly (OnButtonPTT

Using Raspberry Pi 3 with Raspbian and latest QUISK.

73 de Janne OH1SDR

Re: Keying the QUISK

OH1SDR
Any input and ideas would be appreciated. We have tried to solve this with a ham friend of mine and have ran out of ideas long ago, hi.

73 de Janne OH1SDR

Re: Keying the QUISK

OH1SDR
Found something new!

Just did some experimenting and found a possible cause of the problem.

Can Quisk use the same sound card for TX and RX? If both RX and TX have for example HW:0,
it seems that Quisk doesn't like it.

73 de Janne OH1SDR