LP-PAN 2 as a Pan Adapter under Linux.

wc2l
Hi Folks,
I did have another posting with no replies... Let me see if this gets a better response...

I have the LP-PAN 2 up and running. It works just find in the Windows world
(quick testing). I did not go through all of the settings and configuration, but
I was able to make it all talk.

I have been trying to get the this to work on Linux Mint 12. I have tried to use
Quisk and have not had any luck. I am not sure if it is a hardware or
configuration issue. Is there a rights issue? Something have it locked??

Here is my config file:
sample_rate = 48000
name_of_sound_capt = "hw:0"
name_of_sound_play = "hw:0"
channel_i = 0
channel_q = 1

Here are the results of arecord -l :
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH7]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 1: Intel ICH - MIC ADC [Intel ICH7 - MIC ADC]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 2: Intel ICH - MIC2 ADC [Intel ICH7 - MIC2
ADC]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 3: Intel ICH - ADC2 [Intel ICH7 - ADC2]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Here are the results of aplay -l :
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH7]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 1: Intel ICH - MIC ADC [Intel ICH7 - MIC ADC]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 2: Intel ICH - MIC2 ADC [Intel ICH7 - MIC2
ADC]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH7 [Intel ICH7], device 3: Intel ICH - ADC2 [Intel ICH7 - ADC2]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Can someone help me get this running or and I just use the SM-5000 and call it
close enough...

TNX Will WC2L

Re: LP-PAN 2 as a Pan Adapter under Linux.

The quick test is to try to capture and play on hw:0 and  hw:1 and see if either works.  Otherwise look at the config screen to see what devices Quisk has found and try to identify and use those.  Look at the config screen to make sure your config file is really being used.

It was not clear to me whether you got Quisk working on Windows, or whether it was another software.  And I don't know what SM-5000 means.

Jim Ahlstrom

Re: LP-PAN 2 as a Pan Adapter under Linux.

wc2l
OK, I see a bit of different choices... I wish you could copy the info:
Available devices for capture:
Intel ICH7 Intel ICH7 (hw:0,0)
Intel ICH7 Intel ICH7 MIC ADC (hw:0,1)
Intel ICH7 Intel ICH7 MIC ADC (hw:0,2)
Intel ICH7 Intel ICH7 ADC2 (hw:0,3)
Available devices for playback:
Intel ICH7 Intel ICH7 (hw:0,0)
Intel ICH7 Intel ICH7 (hw:0,4)

Does this help??

Re: LP-PAN 2 as a Pan Adapter under Linux.

From this is looks like capturing and playing on hw:0 should work.  Perhaps there is a sound daemon
like Jack interfering.

Re: LP-PAN 2 as a Pan Adapter under Linux.

wc2l
Where/how do I look for a conflict??
I have a spare HD. Maybe I should just install the OS and then try to make it work. It would be nice. I have been using Linux Mint 12. Is 13 OK?? Other suggestions?

TNX Will WC2L

Re: LP-PAN 2 as a Pan Adapter under Linux.

Sorry, I don't have any more ideas, except to use the generic help on Linux sound.