No RX and TX Phase Adjustment Facility

gm3sbc
Hello Jim,

I am using Quisk Version 4.1.37. with a softrock type radio.

I am unable to display the RX and TX Phase Adjustment screens.

If I select the ' Config' button on the Main 'Graph' Display then select the 'Config' Tab then select 'RX Phase' I get the normal 'Graph' screen displayed but with NO Amplitude and Phase adjust screen.

I also notice that the 'Config' button on the Main Display has been deselected and has returned to the 'Graph' screen.
The same response is present in TX mode when I select the 'TX Phase'

I am doing something wrong, or has this function changed in the recent version ?

Regards
ED GM3SBC

Re: No RX and TX Phase Adjustment Facility

Everything looks normal, including the return to the graph screen. But you should get a second window with the adjustment controls. It works at my QTH for the RxTx Ensemble.

Re: No RX and TX Phase Adjustment Facility

gm3sbc
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the quick reply. I shall reload everything and test again.
For sure it did work in the past .

Ed
GM3SBC

Re: No RX and TX Phase Adjustment Facility

gm3sbc
Hi Jim,

I have loaded the most recent Quisk Version 4.1.38.

I am still seeing the same response.

If I select the RX Phase Adjust I get the following :-

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\quisk_widgets.py", line 537, in OnButton
    self.command(event)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\quisk\quisk.py", line 1195, in OnBtnPhase
    application.w_phase = QAdjustPhase(self, self.width, rx_tx)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\quisk\quisk.py", line 3241, in __init__
    self.MakeControls(panel, width)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\quisk\quisk.py", line 3319, in MakeControls
    self.PosPhase(self.old_phase)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\quisk\quisk.py", line 3332, in PosPhase
    pos2 = round(phase / self.phase_scale)
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

If I Select PTT then select TX Phase Adjust I get :-

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\quisk_widgets.py", line 537, in OnButton
    self.command(event)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\quisk\quisk.py", line 1195, in OnBtnPhase
    application.w_phase = QAdjustPhase(self, self.width, rx_tx)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\quisk\quisk.py", line 3241, in __init__
    self.MakeControls(panel, width)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\quisk\quisk.py", line 3319, in MakeControls
    self.PosPhase(self.old_phase)
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\quisk\quisk.py", line 3332, in PosPhase
    pos2 = round(phase / self.phase_scale)
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Just another observation, the Fonts for the Legend on the RX and TX Phase Buttons are now different from all the other fonts on that Config drop down page. This was also the case for the previous version 4.1.37.

I hope the above is of some use.
Regards
Ed GM3SBC

Re: No RX and TX Phase Adjustment Facility

Hello Ed,

I looks like the value of "Max phase correct" on the Hardware screen for your radio is zero. Please change it to a positive number. The default was 10 degrees. That should fix the problem. Make sure "Max ampl correct" is positive too.

Re: No RX and TX Phase Adjustment Facility

gm3sbc
Hi Jim,

You were correct, there was a default of Zero in the Config.

It had been fine in the past so at some point I must have corrupted the variable.

Thanks again for your time replying.

Regards
Ed GM3SBC