No TX Drive with Microphone Removed.

gm3sbc
Hi Jim,
I have Quisk Version 4.1.36 loaded. I find that I am unable to get TX Drive when I am in the DGT - U Mode or Spot.
If I reboot Quisk with the Microphone connected then it is fine. Both DGT-U and Spot now work.
At Version 4.1.24 October you stated that the sound logic had been changed so that the Mic Device is no longer needed for Digital Modes or Spot. Is there another menu setting required to be set for the Digital Modes to work without Mic?
Regards
Ed GM3SBC

Re: No TX Drive with Microphone Removed.

Hello Ed,

Spot works for me with a blank microphone capture device. But my hardware is HermesLite and not SoftRock. I need a working second sound card before I can test this.

Please verify that you have a blank mic capture device and a valid mic play device. Just unplugging the mic may not work. And that Spot still fails.

Re: No TX Drive with Microphone Removed.

gm3sbc
Hi Jim,

Only now had a change to check this.

Fine I selected a Null Mic and it now works on Spot and provides TX output in the DGT-U Digital Mode.

So you are correct, you just cannot remove the microphone from the USB Socket for it to work.

There is one point that I have now observed:-

If I select PTT when in the DGT-U Mode I get TX Drive output for approximately 0.5 Seconds then the TX output disappears. I do not have any other digital application running at the time of this test. I would have expected Zero TX Output in this test ?

This result is the same for a Null Mic or the Internal PC Mic or an external USB Mic having been selected.

I then selected the Spot Slider and reduced the Slider value to Zero. I still see a TX output for a short period of time when selecting the PTT. I get Zero TX Output when I select Spot in this condition, the Spot also commands the Radio to go into TX at this time, which is correct.

To conclude, TX Drive is being produced momentarily when selecting the PTT. But there is no application providing a TX Drive. This PTT RF is NOT present in the SSB Modes, only DGT Modes.

Hope that helps.
Regards
Ed GM3SBC