No module named backend.libusb1

wa4ywm
I am running Quisk on a RPi3 attempting to communicate with my Softrock/Mobo.

When I start up Quisk with a Softrock radio selected I get the subject message:

"No module named backend.libusb1"

as the last line on the screen. And Quisk does not start.

Please help.

Jim WA4YWM

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

Hello Jim,

You need to install libusb.

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

wa4ywm
Hi Jim,

When I try "sudo apt-get install libusb", I get:

"Unable to locate package libusb"

I do have libusb-dev installed if that means anything.

73, Jim WA4YWM

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

wa4ywm
I found the following way to try an install of libusb on another forum.

I tried "sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0" and got the response that libusb is already installed and up to date.

So I'm back to square one.

Surely there is someone out there that can help me get this working!

I can't believe that I am the only ham that has not been able to get USB comm working with Quisk.

Jim WA4YWM

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

I have both libusb-1.0-0 and libusb-0.1-4 installed.  Try installing libusb-0.1-4.

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

wa4ywm
I tried "libusb-0.1-4".

The response is that it is up to date.

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

I am out of ideas. Does anyone have a RPi3?

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

wa4ywm
I have started to learn something about Python and in the process I studied the import command.

If I understand its usage correctly, the command in question in this thread is looking for the module libusb1 in the usb/backend directory. Looking in that directory I see libusb1.py. Is this what needs to be imported? If so, why would the import command say it cannot be found?

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

wa4ywm
Another item to note:

I can run quisk without getting the import error by using "sudo quisk". I still cannot communicate with the Softrock with the Softrock radio selected.

Does this tell you anything?

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

Yes, it tells me you don't have permission to access the USB port. To get permission, push the Help button, and then the Documentation link at the top. Then navigate to "USB Control". Different versions of Linux have different procedures to change permissions.

Re: No module named backend.libusb1

wa4ywm
Jim,

The following is from an earlier post (Nov. 2017), Is this what you are referring to?

I didn't receive any responses to that post BTW.

Jim

"I have quisk installed on an RPi3 running Raspbian Jessie. I am attempting to communicate with a Softrock/MOBO.

I have found the section on the quisk documentation concerning the USB connection. I have placed the following in  /etc/udev/rules.d/local.rules:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="16c0" , ATTR{idProduct}=="05dc", MODE="0666", GROUP="dialout"

Based on another document I found I also placed the above string in /etc/udev/rules.d/99-softrock.rules.

Neither one is allowing USB communications. I have checked to be sure I am in the dialout group. "