On Win7 64bit quisk fails to start for HL2

On Win7 64bit quisk fails to start for HL2

desai_amogh
I have issues running quisk with HL2 for a long time. My HL2 worked fine with sparksdr/openhpsdr but quisk never discovered it.

I have now freshly installed win7 64 bit, latest python 2.7, wxpyton and latest quisk today. if I open quisk without any configuration, it starts without any issue.  Once I add HL2 config as per this guide by Steve it doesn't start.

I also tried the following C:\Python27\pythonw.exe -vvv WinQuisk.pyw with verbose output and it pops up the below wxpython screen and vanishes in few seconds without letting me see the final error output.

Also, there are 2 files under this directory: C:\Users\amogh\Documents
.quisk_init.pkl
quisk_settings.json

If I delete these files, quisk starts back as the HL2 config gets deleted.

Is this a usual issue on Win7? how to redirect output of wxpython to a text file??  how to fix this issue?

Please help.

Re: On Win7 64bit quisk fails to start for HL2

desai_amogh
This issue is fixed for me.

Just for the record,

To get the logs use
c:\python27\python.exe quisk.py -a

Also, as per Jim's suggestion,  this particular issue was fixed by starting Quisk in ConfigFileRadio, changing the band to 40 Meter (any other supported band by HL other than audio band can work) and restarting quisk to HL2 Radio.

Amogh
VU3DES