Quisk Version 4.1.26 November 2018

I added some narrow filters to the digital modes DGT-U and DGT-L. The narrow filters are centered at 1500 Hertz. This makes filtering in the digital program easier, and is useful for RTTY. As part of this project I rewrote the filter display logic. Filters are now more accurately shown, and include the effect of RIT.

The keyup delay on the radio Timing screen used to affect only the CW key. It now works with the PTT button too.

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.26 November 2018

RA3TES
I was try to install this version and have a problem.

ra3tes@ra3tes:~$ pip search quisk
quisk (4.1.26)          - QUISK is a Software Defined Radio (SDR) transceiver
                          that can control various radio hardware.
quisk_lppan_k3 (0.1.3)  - Hardware support for QUISK for the Elecraft K3, LP-
                          PAN Panadapter, and fldigi

I try "pip install quisk" and "python setup.py build" from ra3tes@ra3tes:~/quisk-4.1.26
resault:
ra3tes@ra3tes:~/quisk-4.1.26$ python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7
creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/quisk
copying ./quisk_hardware_hamlib.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/quisk
copying ./usb/LICENSE -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/quisk/usb
error: can't copy './usb/backend': doesn't exist or not a regular file

Good Luck
Andy
RA3TES

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.26 November 2018

Hello,

Thanks for the note. I don't use pip to install, although I am working toward that goal. Download the Quisk tar.gz
file from http://james.ahlstrom.name/quisk/index.html and enter "make" to build Quisk.

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.26 November 2018

RA3TES
GD. Thanks for the answer. I'll try.
Good Luck
Andy
RA3TES

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.26 November 2018

Hello,

An alternative is to delete the usb directory within quisk, and install the python-usb package on Linux. This installs the newer usb within Python and Quisk then uses it. I plan to remove the usb directory in the fulture.

For Windows you would install pyusb from pypi.org using pip.

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.26 November 2018

RA3TES
Hi.
i am using Ubuntu 16.04. Try to install "make" building BUILD, after "make install" - same mistake.  I'll be waiting a next version.
Do You know, anybody using QUISK with transverters for amsat operation ?
It is possible I think.  We have full duplex, two RX... I was try connect Gpredict and Quisk for dopler correction working is well.
Good luck.
Good Luck
Andy
RA3TES

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.26 November 2018

DJ6OA
Hi,

I am used the tar.gz file in the usual way. On performing 'make' in the quisk directory, make complained about missing 'setup'file'. After installing the package 'python-setup tools' everything  went fine on Debian Stretch 64.

The same should apply to Ubuntu 18.4

Good luck,

Rainer DJ6OA