Quisk Version 4.1.30 December 2018

The Windows installation procedure is different. If you have an old Quisk installed, you should use the Windows Apps screen to uninstall it. Then install Quisk using Python "pip". See the downloads page and the new documentation. The new installation method is compatible with standard Python setup tools. The Linux installation procedure is also different.

I removed the "pyusb" module from Quisk. You will need to install the public version if you need it. The inclusion interfered with the public version. See the downloads page and the new documentation. I fixed a bug that happens with multiple displays. The zoom feature now centers in the Rx passband. This is useful for narrow digital modes.

There are a lot of changes in this version, and the installation method is new, as is the 64-bit Windows version. If you have any problems or suggestions, please post to the usual groups.

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.30 December 2018

shaynal
Hi Jim,

Great to see your use of pip! In case others have the same need, I often like to have the quisk source local so that I can make changes, etc. You can still use pip and have a local copy to hack with:

pip install quisk --user

This create a copy in ~/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages

which can be easily edited.

73,

Steve
kf7o

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.30 December 2018

Thanks for pointing this out. I am starting to like pip.