Quisk Version 4.1.37 April 2019

I added another broadcast address to the Hermes code to fix a network problem. I added an option to the radio Options config screen to reverse the sideband on Tx. This is needed for satellite operation. I added the 13, 9, 5 and 3cm bands to the list. I added the additional samples rates 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1250 ksps to accommodate the RedPitaya. The frequency entry box now clears its entry with each use. You can now specify the bandwidth of the SoftRock DC removal filter on the radio Options screen.

I added some of the SoapySDR transmit parameters on the radio screen. But I am having trouble making transmit actually work. So transmit is disabled for now.

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.37 April 2019

bobltx
Hi Jim,
After a lengthy absence due to medical issues I am now back to play amateur radio :-)
I have installed Quisk-4.1.39 and find you have been working hard to improve this great
software, very impressed with this new version, and have a couple of queries that you
may be able to advise me on:

 [1] Filter switching is great with the new hardware file but I have lost my ability to use
 the RfGain button .  If I copy and paste the relevant lines of code from my old hardware
file into the new one will this solve the problem or might that raise other issues?

[2] How can I use a serial port for PTT, can't find any reference to serial ports?

[3] My receiver noise floor is often at or below -120, is there a way to lift the graph scale in the
 waterfall display to bring it into view as you can in the Graph display?

Many thanks for a great SDR package.

Bob
GW3LTX

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.37 April 2019

Hello Bob,

[1] The RfGain button will appear if you have the rf_gain_labels set in your hardware file. You also need the OnButtonRfGain() method.

[2] To use serial ports, you need to import the serial module, and write your own serial port software in your hardware file. The file station_hardware.py in the n2adr directory has code I use.

[3] To adjust the graph in the waterfall screen, hold down the shift key while adjusting the sliders.

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.37 April 2019

bobltx
Hi Jim,

Thanks for that info.  I have now got RfGain button working, I did a copy and paste from my
early hardware file and it worked straight away.

Just set the waterfall graph scale as you suggested, brilliant, Quisk just gets better and better :-)

Currently using the space bar for PTT but the idea is to have a foot switch to leave my hands
free so I don't spill my whiskey ;-)  So I'll now look at your hardware file for info on how to get
a serial port working.

One thought I had was whether  you had ever considered creating an analogue style 'S' meter
perhaps up in the top left of the screen, might be a nice touch.

Many thanks for solving my problems.

Bob
GW3LTX

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.37 April 2019

bobltx
Hi Jim,

A further small point. Adjustment of the graph using shift key and Ys or Yz  work very well
but the settings are not saved so have to be redone each time, could this be done easily?

Sorry to be a pain :-)

Bob
GW3LTX

Re: Quisk Version 4.1.37 April 2019