Quisk & new Raspberry Pi Pixel OS

jrprogrammer
  I have a Raspberry Pi3 with the new operating system called "Pixel" running.  I believe it has a new version of python running.  I'm trying to get it control a Peaberry (Omnia-SDR) SDR transceiver.
  Does anyone know what I need to load and the order to get everything to work?
Thanks,
Jim W0CHL

Re: Quisk & new Raspberry Pi Pixel OS

kc7noa
Dont know pixel .. but ill start off by assuming its debian based.

I always start with apt-get build-dep quisk ...

it would be faster to install apt-fast from software or PPA if its not listed in software center or synaptic etc.

add your self to dial-out ....

install pulseaudio if its not already installed in the image ...

since it uses the DG8SAQ/PE0FKO/SoftRock control interface ... you would make a new radio interface from the softrock/ensemble drop down for know radio types ... and save it with a new name .... also setting that interface to run next time quisk starts ....

what else ... oh, yea ... best to build and not use the quisk from repository ...

OH ... python2.6 or 2.7 is probably best to use ... i cant seem to get python3 to find wxpython (also need to install i think)