Quisk failure with Hermes-Lite

w9ran
For reasons I haven't been able to figure out, Quisk has stopped working
with my Hermes-Lite (ver.1).   I know the H-L is OK because I can
control it with Power SDR and Spark SDR, and I know that Quisk is
basically OK because I can use it to control a different SDR. The
same problem occurs locally (on a Raspberry Pi 3) or when I connect via
X/ssh.   I haven't done any recent updates to anything.

When I run quisk -a,  the top error screen shown here is displayed
(which I haven't seen before): https://i.imgur.com/TARKHq3.png

When I click OK on it I get the hardware failure message and then it
closes with the following error and traceback in the console:

---

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/quisk $ quisk -a
03:59:54: Debug: Failed to connect to session manager: SESSION_MANAGER
environment variable not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/quisk", line 8, in <module>
    quisk.main()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/quisk/quisk.py", line
5221, in main
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/quisk/quisk.py", line
3037, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/_core.py", line
8628, in __init__
    self._BootstrapApp()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/_core.py", line
8196, in _BootstrapApp
    return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/quisk/quisk.py", line
3456, in OnInit
AttributeError: Hardware instance has no attribute 'hermes_ip'

---

Regarding  "hermes_ip" -  I've confirmed that My H-L config is set for the same IP that works with Power SDR and Spark, and   I can ping the H-L from the Pi so I know they're able to communicate.   As mentioned, the behavior and error messages are identical on the Pi locally or when connecting to it remotely.

While the AttributeError is coming from the /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages path, the actual quick files that I run and have configured for the HL are in /home/pi/Downloads/quisk.    Being kind of a noob when it comes to how Linux does things it seems as if it's looking in the wrong directory, but I don't know why that should have changed after many months.   I'm reticent to delete things as I also have configured Quisk to work with a different SDR and don't want to have to re-do both if I can help it.

Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks and 73,
Bob W9RAN