Quisk on FA-SDR-TRX

mancymonek
Hello

I am using now Quisk 3.6.3 on XtremeOS3 (mandriva) with FA-SDR-TRX from FunkAmateur.
EMU0204 as sound card interfaced with SDR.Internal sound card as mic and speaker.
Using custom hardware file only receiver works.
With Softrock files receiving part works excellent, unfortunately , when i put in config lines with microphone settings all going wrong.
After start Quisk for receive - sound is clipping and noisy , cannot hear clear sound.
I tought that is buffer or something problem , but changing buffer size not helping.
Tried older versions of Quisk and situation is the same.
PC hardware is not brand new , but this is Core2Duo 2,5GHz with 4GB RAM so it should work great.
Can anybody help with this ?
Maybe someone has similar problem with other hardware?
Maybe someone have config file for FA-SDR-TRX with transmit (i have only with receiver part) ?

with respect
Grzegorz
SQ2RBY

Re: Quisk on FA-SDR-TRX

Hello,

I think you are saying that adding the microphone device destroys the receive performance even when you are not transmitting.  Quisk has a single thread reading both the mic and radio sound cards.  So you have a problem with reading your mic sound card.  Please check the sample rate and other parameters.  The sample rate must be 48000.  I have not heard of this problem before.

Re: Quisk on FA-SDR-TRX

mancymonek
Hello

There is no errors in config of Quisk , sample rate and all other is as should be.

I have checked the same configuration of Quisk and hardware on newest PC hardware with Core i7 2.66GHz with 8GB RAM and work perfect.
Is it possible that Core@Duo 2.5GHz with 4GB RAM is to slow to get good performance ?
I will inspect this once more , frankly i have no idea what could be wrong.
Can't believe that my T61p Lenovo is not enough powerful to get Quisk and FA-SDR-TRX work good.

Probably i found problem (thinking of it)  - newest PC has Pulseaudio as sound server, T61p has Alsa 1.26 as sound server.
Maybe Alsa is a problematic part.
Will check it today.

Grzegorz
SQ2RBY

Re: Quisk on FA-SDR-TRX

mancymonek
Hello

Strangest thing i have ever seen is that EMU0204 connected via USB cable to host computer giving slow performance on receiver when transmitting functions are enabled but when EMU is connected via USB hub problem disappears (or is too small to see it)
So to get good performance on Quisk receive with transmitting part enabled is to connect EMU card not directly to PC but via USB hub.
Frankly , i was almost sure that is the problem of slow PC hardware.

Maybe someone with similar problems will use my solution.

Grzegorz
SQ2RBY