Quisk on android tablet using OTG and dongle?

Quisk on android tablet using OTG and dongle?

Bob Bowers
I have a small tablet with OTG that I thought might make a neat frontend for an old Kenwood I have - if I can get Quisk to work on it.  It's a small Trio Stealth Lite and I can install software (but it's not rooted).  I've always wanted a bandscope on that radio (and wouldn't mind figuring out one for my Alinco), and I've discovered that a softrock (RxTx 6.3) using my main computer really wakes up the radio - reception goes from "OK" to where I'd swear the Kenwood could hear other radios think!  (GRIN!)

Has anyone tried to run Quisk on a tablet?  If so, how did it work, and how did you get it installed?

Thanks!
Bob
N4FBZ

Re: Quisk on android tablet using OTG and dongle?

kc7noa
Quisk was writen for Linux ... and of a more recent kernel ...

If you can get Lubuntu or mint installed ... then there should be no problem ...

Else you will just haft to ask me back on the forum i sent you from on other possibility’s ... which are not as easy as Quisk ...