Quisk via PA soundserver , remote soundcard

Quisk via PA soundserver , remote soundcard

SDRwannabe
Hi.
I am struggling to get a remote receive only solution running with quisk and pulseaudio or maybe jack. (later tx will follow)

I have Softrock 6.2 fixed  connected to soundcard on computer A  , and via LAN , computer B is running Quisk.

The thought is to have lowpower low budget equipment in the field and then do the heavy DSP home on more expensive and delicate HW.  All don on Debian distros.

Right now I have computer A running with Maudio Delta44 as a pulseaudio "client " ,    Have created a loopback device and am able to connect to computer Bs  (pulseaudio server and running Quisk) quisk digital input  device.

However it doesn't work good.  After 5minutes the sound dies and I have to restart pulseaudio and quisk on computer B .  Computer B has a 48Khz sound card but the Delta44 is 96, but I still only get 48 in the quisk . Latency is haywire !

So am I completely wrong and what is the right trick to get it to play , or should I look at jack instead?

best vy73 de oz1bxn chris

Re: Quisk via PA soundserver , remote soundcard

SDRwannabe
OK , got it!
I need to install the pulseaudio server on the Computer A ( the one with the soundcard input connected to softrocks rx out).
On computer B with quisk running I config quist for default pulseaudio device- in Radio audio output and I/Q sample input.
in Pulseaudio volume control , Quisk now showed up, and I could connect the quisk I/Q input to the delta44 soundcard from computer A , and the quisk audio output to the build-in audio device and speakers on computer B.
Latency via an AP wifi connection is in my opinion excellent , I have not observed noticeable longer echo when listen on the same ssb station on Quisk and on an analogue receiver simultaneously, than what  I do when performing same test with the sound-card and quisk on the same computer.