Quisk with audio HAT on Raspberry Pi?

Brian802
I want to achieve the lowest possible latency on Receive.

It seems that USB buffer under-runs are the primary cause of receive latency. It also seems that buffer-related constraints could be eased if the Receive Audio Output sample rate could be reduced toward the minimum needed for the mode in use. I understand this would severely restrict the width of the displayed spectrum, but I accept that tradeoff.

Instead of using an SDRx connected via USB, can I reduce latency by using an audio HAT, like the Audio Injector Stereo sound card and ALSA? Or, is the sample-rate-related buffer depth still the limiting factor?

Thanks for any insights.