(Updated) Quisk 4.1.1 - Raspberry Pi 2B - SR Ensemble RXTX - VIA SND-20101 - HELP!!

(Updated) Quisk 4.1.1 - Raspberry Pi 2B - SR Ensemble RXTX - VIA SND-20101 - HELP!!

BobbyG
This post was updated on .
(Update information at bottom of post)

I cannot get things working properly with my new setup.

I have the following:
     - Raspberry Pi 2B running raspbian Jessie
     - Softrock Ensemble RXTX 20/30/40
     - ViA USB Dongle soundcard (SD AUD-20101)
     - Quisk 4.1.1
     - Fldigi 3.22.01
     - loopback PCM

I have no problem running the softrock with Quisk on my main laptop, but I really want to dedicate the raspberry pi to SDR.

The Quisk status tab shows the following:
     - Capture radio samples          alsa:VIA USB Dongle USB Audio (hw:2,0)
     - Capture digital Tx samples     alsa: Loopback Loopback PCM (hw:1,0)
     - Play radio sound                  alsa: bcm2835 ALSA bcm2835 ALSA (hw:0,0)
     - Play microphone sound         alsa: VIA USB Dongle USB Audio (hw:2,0)
     - Play digital mode sound        alsa: Loopback Loopback PCM (hw:1,1)

There are sample interrupt activity, as well as, capture radio samples and play radio sound latency activity.  The configuration file is /home/pi/.quisk_conf.py

The status tab also shows: Capture from SoftRock USB on alsa:VIA USB Dongle USB Audio (hw:2,0), Firmware 15.12.

On the *SoftRock* tab, Sound sub-tab, I have the following:
     - Play latency msec: 150
     - Radio Audio Output     48000             alsa:bcm2835 ALSA bcm2835 ALSA (hw:0,0)
     - Microphone Input       48000  0  0
     - I/Q Sample Input       48000  0  1  1  alsa: VIA USB Dongle USB Audio (hw:2,0)
     - I/Q Tx Output            48000  0  1      alsa: VIA USB Dongle USB Audio (hw:2,0)
     - Digital Input              48000              alsa: Loopback Loopback PCM (hw:1,0)
     - Digital Output            48000              alsa: Loopback Loopback PCM (hw:1,1)

On the *SoftRock tab, Hardware sub-tab, I have the following:
     - Hardware file path: softrock/hardware_usb.py
     - Widget file path: softrock/widgets_tx.py
     - Vendor ID for USB control: 0x16c0
     - Product ID for USB control: 0x05dc
     - I2C address: 0x55
     - Use Si570 direct control: False
     - Si570 crystal frequency: 114285000
     - Key poll time msec: 0
     - Key hang time secs: 0.7
     - Repeater delay secs: 0.25
     - Max ampl correct: 0.2
     - Max phase correct: 10.0
     - Tx audio level: 0.7

Other than changing the *Radios* tab information to use 'SoftRock', everything else uses default settings.

--

According to my waterfall, I am getting mirrored output.  I am able to pick up some phone communication, but it doesn't quite sound right.  I have been able to pick up some data and cw communication, however, it doesn't look correct on the waterfall.

Fldigi is receiving information, however, the information does not make sense. Fldigi is able to control the Quisk frequency.

The audio test (Test 1) does seem to work, as I can see the sound on the waterfall and hear it in my headphones.

--

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on possible setting changes to make this setup work correctly?

Bobby
de KN4I

--
(Update)

Okay, I have been playing with the IQ Sample Input channels and delays, and got something that seems to work okay.  To determine which channel goes where, I switch channels and keep the channel assignments that give me the strongest SSB mirrored signal on 20 meters being USB and the strongest SSB mirrored signal on 40 meters being LSB.

I then delay one signal, then the other, then try things with no delay.  Which ever one seems to make the mirrored signal go away, is the one I keep.  There still sometimes seems to be a very faint mirrored signal, but I can live with it for now.  (Maybe there is a phase shift going on there.)

My next issue to combat is the choppiness when sending a digital signal to fldigi, via loopback.  From the system monitor, the loopback and fldigi processes doesn't seem to take a lot of processing power, however, the choppiness prevents fldigi from working correctly.  I suspect that the problem has to do with latency.

Has anyone been able to overcome this problem?

Bobby G

Re: (Updated) Quisk 4.1.1 - Raspberry Pi 2B - SR Ensemble RXTX - VIA SND-20101 - HELP!!

kc7noa
its been awhile simce you posted this ...

but i would sujest to reduce the bw of the soundcard to 44100 and also see if its set to 16bit little eddian ... im not sure if a Pi can do double double or 32float ...

your looking to reduce any re-encoding of any streams ....

then i think your going to want to use pulseaudio and not command string "alsa:blah blah" for the sound devices

use the drop down to select the pulse device names under the sound tab