Waterfall display centre frequency automatic change

Waterfall display centre frequency automatic change

YO5RXM
Hi Jim,
I was wondering if it's possible in quisk to automatically move the waterfall centre frequency when reaching the end of the screen or to have the cursor centred and move the waterfall when changing frequency.
The problem is that when changing frequency using mouse or encoder, I have to also change manually the waterfall spectrum using up and down buttons, when the cursor is at the end of the screen.
It's just a nice to have feature, only if it's easy to implement.
Thank you again for great work, have a nice day!

Re: Waterfall display centre frequency automatic change

Hello,

You can move the center frequency by right-clicking the graph or waterfall screen.

jim

Re: Waterfall display centre frequency automatic change

YO5RXM
Thanks Jim,
I don't want to open a new thread for it, I have 2 questions if possible.
- is there a plan to implement CW/Digital Modes (PSK/RTTY) decoder in Quisk?
- is there a way to setup Hamlib IP to the default IP of the device (or something like wildcard to bind to all interfaces)? I am moving around with the Quisk based transceiver and I have to setup the IP every time I switch to another network. Loopback IP is not helpful because I need it to connect the external logger to Quisk for logging contacts.
Again, thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Re: Waterfall display centre frequency automatic change

<quote author="YO5RXM">
- is there a plan to implement CW/Digital Modes (PSK/RTTY) decoder in Quisk?

No, there are too many modes.

- is there a way to setup Hamlib IP to the default IP of the device (or something like wildcard to bind to all interfaces)? I am moving around with the Quisk based transceiver and I have to setup the IP every time I switch to another network. Loopback IP is not helpful because I need it to connect the external logger to Quisk for logging contacts.

I don't know of a "default IP" for a network. Maybe I don't understand the question.

Re: Waterfall display centre frequency automatic change

YO5RXM
Hi Jim, thanks for the reply.
Basically the question is if hamlib server can be setup to bind to all interfaces on the OS, not only to the IP specified in Quisk. As I read in the documentation, it would be possible to use self.hamlib_socket.bind(('', PORT)) instead of self.hamlib_socket.bind(('localhost', PORT)) and this would bind the socket PORT to all available interfaces on the OS. This way you don't need to specify the IP address in Quisk any more, only the port number.
This would also help if you don't have Wifi connectivity when starting Quisk, because usually Wifi connects much later on and I need to restart Quisk after Wifi is connected in order to have the hamlib server running on Wifi IP. I will test it tonight to see if it works as expected.

Re: Waterfall display centre frequency automatic change

YO5RXM
Hi Jim,
Just tested and it works like a charm! All one needs to do is to have a blank Hamlib IP address and Quisk will start the server on specified port and binds it to all IP adressess available on the system. Even if the IP address changes, the Hamlib server will continue to run on the new IP address. Super!!! I like this more and more each day!