Windows 7 Installation Problems

N4CVX
Using Windows 7 - 64 Professional
Python Latest installed and working
Attempting to use the QUISK msi install program returns message that Python is not there
Checked Registry and added HKEY
Checked Environment Variables and added "C:Python27" (location of Python install) to PATH
Re-ran QUISK.msi and same error returned.
Repeated all using Administrator (root) privileges; same results
Possible problem:  QUISK Installer is looking for Python in a directory other than what Python installs to (C:/Python27"); Incorrect statement(s) in the msi installer or failure to search for Python;

Next step trying procedure on my Linux Workstation.  I don't anticipate any problems with that.

Ideas?

Dave N4CVX

Re: Windows 7 Installation Problems

Quisk is looking for the registry key that the Python.org installer installs.  So you must install Python using the MSI from python.org.

Re: Windows 7 Installation Problems

N4CVX
did that, tried various permissions, etc.  still no-go.
End of my experiment with Win7 unless other possibilities exist.

Now trying on my one of my Ubuntu workstations. Will start a new thread for that potential SNAFU

Dave

Re: Windows 7 Installation Problems

N4CVX
I finally managed to get quisk running under Ubuntu.  I'll post the details in my other post on Ubuntu.

I've decided to take another shot at using the Windows version.

Install of quisk in Windows 7 still demands python.  I've installed python using the msi link from Python.  Previous comments still stand:  When quisk msi starts it states python not found.  This is in spite of the fact that I have installed python correctly and done the usual Windows rebooting.

It is obvious to me that your msi does not correctly search for the python installation.  Either this is a fault in the msi or python is not installed in the directory which the msi expects it to find.

How about some more guidance?

Dave

Re: Windows 7 Installation Problems

The MSI is looking for the file pythonw.exe located in the registry key Software\Python\PythonCore\2.7\InstallPath.

A better solution may be to use the TGZ file instead.  That can be used on Windows too.