help with setting up serial port for K2

VU2IIA
Hi all,

Quisk is working fine on Raspberry Pi-3, but I need some help.

I am using a homebrew sdr receiver based on Arduino Uno + SI5351 and a very simple SDR circuit.  Arduino's code is recognized as Elecraft K2 on Win7 PC.   On my Windows 7 PC I use it with HDSDR and Omni rig setup.  Omni rig in HDSDR recognizes Arduino uno as Elecraft K2. This works very well on windows PC. whatever frequency I set in HDSDR is sent to SI5351 ie 4x frequency.

Now how can I achieve same using Raspberry Pi-3?  Can anyone please help / guide me with setup.  I want to be able to control frequency of SI5351 using Quisk.  How can I make Quisk recognize my arduino nano as K2 and set frequency of SI5351 accordingly.  I have managed to put FDT232 driver for Arduino nano, but didn't get further.

I am desperately looking for some help, can anyone please guide me.

My setup pic http://vu2iia.byethost7.com/sdr-rx.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Mahesh V.
VU2IIA

Re: help with setting up serial port for K2

kc7noa
Use hamlib3 set to K2

How to use hamlib is in the documents ... http://james.ahlstrom.name/quisk/docs.html
start around the USB section

then set the audio paths

Re: help with tunning bar stuck in the centre of graph.

VU2IIA
Hello Micheal,

Thanks for your reply, Now Quisk is able to change frequency of my homebrew SDR ie Aduino nano and SI5351 is recognized as FT857 by hamlib and able to change frequency I want.

But I have a problem.  The Tuning bar is stuck at the center of graph display.  I am not able to move it left or right like I was doing earlier. See screen dump http://vu2iia.byethost7.com/issue-1.jpg

For hardware setting I am using quisk_hardware_hamblib.py see screen dump http://vu2iia.byethost7.com/issue-2.jpg

For main setting file I simply copied quisk_conf_defualts.py and created quisk_conf.py. I MADE NO CHANGES TO IT. See screen dump http://vu2iia.byethost7.com/issue-3.jpg

Can you please help me with tuning bar issue not being able to move left or right.

Thank in advance.

Mahesh V.
VU2IIA

Re: help with tunning bar stuck in the centre of graph.

kc7noa
quisk_conf_defualts.py specifically says to not do that ....

quisk_conf_defualts.py and created quisk_conf.py ....

But to copy sections pertinent to your setup ...

I would suggest removing from home folder .quisk_conf.py and use the GUI to setup a radio file.